Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Resolutions n more


It is not even 1 month now and I know that I am not doing this despite of a great morale boosting from Prasad. This really makes me wonder why this weird thought of making “New Year Resolutions” came to my mind in the first place. If I want to do something I can do it anyways and if I don’t, I won’t, come what may..

The story starts 1 day before the new years eve. Prasad n me discussing over a coffee about the new year resolutions of the two of us. I was really very practical and I knew that this isn’t going to work out for me - Making a decision and following it throughout the year every single day. But with Prasad into it, I thought to give it a try. If it worked, good for me; If it didn’t, hard luck. As it is, with my weight crossing the early fifties, I was equally worried. Out came the declaration, I shall run at least 1 mile per day without fail. Prasad agreed to co operate and compromise if it meant no lunch box at times. I agreed to compromise an hour of my early morning sleep. 31st night was exhaustive and we hardly slept for say 4 hrs. There dangles my very first day of keeping up with my own “Resolution”..........frowny day and demoralizing of course.

Then, I thought of getting myself a partner who would accompany me. May be that would work as a driving force for me to the Gym. Off started my search for a Gym partner (By the way the whole idea was lost during this search, as if I can NOT go to Gym alone). Days went by and I deliberately made myself forget my own resolution. In came invites for a number of birthday parties back to back. I was excited and digged my wardrobe for the best dresses, best sweaters n coats. Alas !! they wouldn’t fit, or to say I wouldn’t get in them anymore. That was an eyeopener. Moreover, at the parties, posing for a snap would just be about competing with my breath (The amount of time I can hold it in till the snap’s taken).

That was it !!! I decided to join Prasad in his early morning Yoga and Pranayam. He told me the techniques and off we started with it. But that was very very boring, and the results would be too far I knew. Still I continued with it till I could find another option. Then I found GOD in disguise - Swati. She was equally interested and we decided to make it work.

So, now my day starts at 6:30 AM followed by 45 min of running, and I’m free all day to eat all the crap I want to. But I should do something for my eating habits as well. Wait a minute, that large box of chocolate chip muffins we got last week will be wasted in that case (Wasting food is a bad job - me to pingu). I have to live up to it and finish them up myself. One more thing, Tina’s planning to have us invited for a smacking Lasagna party. I’ll call her up and tell her not to add any cheese over mine. It’s Rishika’s birthday and her mommy’s making delicious Samosa chaat for all of us. Why do people plan parties and get alongs when I try to plan my diet? This is not happening with me.

For now, I’m good with my running a mile schedule (It’s only 2 days it has started and I’m equally unsure how long it is going to last). Oops, I’m late. It’s already 6:30 and Swati must be waiting for me. One last thing, that I can remember here is the last line from a poem by Robert Frost - “And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep”.
Well actually, I’ve just woken up and for this day at least, I have to go 1 mile, literally - Paiiiiiinnnnnn

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up girl.
    A good beginning is definitely a good end.
    Eat healthy , stay fit and you're going to thank yourself for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u dear................I wish I would !!!

    ReplyDelete