Friday, January 27, 2012

God's Own People


Some people we come across in life are soo soo very cute that you cannot forget them even if you want to. Not because they’ve done something especially for you but just because they’ve been there when you needed them them the most. That feeling is just like the one I would  get when I’m sitting alone somewhere with a cup of tea, into my own thoughts and someone just holds up a pack of Parle-G in front of me. Here, I am good alone. I have my cup of tea, I’m not hungry, I don’t NEED anything but still those Parle-G biscuits add up to my tea. This is the kind of people I’m talking about. I cannot relate them to me in any way.

Today, I’m just being nostalgic while I remember Sushma - Simant and Aarya - Abhijit. They’re the ones who are not the neighbors of my sister-in-law, neither are the friends of my auntie’s second cousin’s daughter..............(he he he this is too much). Yes, they’re no way close to my native but they always understood what we felt, what we needed.

The day: We were finally moving on from Chicago.
The time: 9:30 AM (Prasad had already left for some important office work) knock knock - It’s Sushma. Hah I was relieved that someone’s here to cheer me up with the tasks. I had hardly got Pingu up and done with her breakfast. She came in n took Pingu with her to drop her at Aarya’s place where she had Parnika to play with. We had already packed almost all the things last night to minimize the last minute pains but still it seemed as if the whole world was before me to clean up. Moreover, the shipping guys didn’t show up till noon.

The time: 12 noon. knock knock - It’s Sushma again. “ Ajita ye sab box packing mai kar deti hoon, aap apne luggage packing pe dhyan deejiye” - those relieving words came from her. And within an hour or so the boxing had been completed.   

The funniest and moreso an embarassing part on my part was when she climbed the towing truck trailer for my wall clock. We had dumped some of our stuffs in the car trunk which was to be shipped. The car shipping guy came, drove the car over the trailer and was about to leave the parking lot when she saw the huge wall clock hanging there which can neither fit in any of the shipping boxes nor in any of the luggage. She simply took out the clock put it in a fresh trash bag, padded it with n number of useless plastic bags while I was on phone trying to ask the trailer driver to hold on. Sushma just climbed the trailer opened the car and dumped the wall clock  into it and came back smilingly as if nothing had happened. The temperature outside was nearing 0 degree C, she wasn’t even wearing a jacket and just had her slippers on.

I went late that afternoon at Aarya’s place to check out on Pingu’s lunch, just to find that she’d been fed, bathed and was about to doze off for her noon nap. From no one would I have expected this and felt like never leaving these wonderful people. With all the issues and tensions in my mind, I wouldn’t have eaten that afternoon if it was not for Aarya. When I left Aarya’s house that day I was in tears (obviously) which were not because I was leaving her but I was being thankful to my destiny for having her as my friend.

For that one day, I can go on with the incidents without a pause where they were someone more than GOD for me. The same day Simant came back early from office and drove me n Pingu at the Airport. Both Sushma n Simant came along till the waiting lounge of the Chicago airport to hand us over to Prasad (It would’ve been so much hassle for me to travel in a cab with so much luggage and Pingu and then trace where Prasad actually was waiting for us at the Airport).

As we bid them good bye, I was filled with so much love and respect for the two of them. They left without turning back even once to expect a “Thank you”. What I saw was a Happy couple so much filled with love that now they spread the excess of it to the world. THANK YOU for being there.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky to be with such lovely people around.And your words have certainly done justice to the rush of emotions that you must be going through!
    Loved reading this.
    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ila.............your words really matter coz they come from an equally adorable friend !!!

    ReplyDelete