Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Midnight thought


Yes !!! It is 12 midnight and what am I doing ?? Sleepy ?? No !! Clean-ups pending??  May be there are but I don't WANT to care anymore !!! So.........what is it ?
In this season of "DEAL OR NO DEAL" I wonder what is the best deal I've got yet ??
Great parents - of course it is a good deal but moreso it is due to God's grace
Good school and good grades - a good deal earned with hard work
A superb life-mate - This is really a good deal which is just pure luck wrapped in a cover of God's blessings
Ever thought how this DEAL, a blessing in disguise fell into my pocket ??
A gigantic calender called life with years passing by has given soo many surprises and sweetness that I can cherish for ever and ever...........
                                       Not too much of friends in a different city, no interests whatsoever in any art or music, so what do I do the whole day staying ALONE with a couple of other girls of my age all studying in the same college as mine and equally frustrated as that was an "All girls" college ?? I just hop into a cyber cafe in a prestigious, social and bustling area (needed to specify this). FACEBOOK was not heard of those days. All that was in the name of social networking was live chatting in chat  rooms just like the one on YAHOO!! I didn't forget ORKUT but purposely left it out as I never liked the soggy interface and kiddish themes of that application!!
I simply turn into one of the many chat rooms just to find out what's in there and if only I could make a few new friends. Flirting was out of option those days for a girl like me with a low level of confidence (But yes !! Did wanted to try it out sometime). Soon I had close to 10 friends over there from nowhere, not to mention all of them were boys. I was shocked yet cautious not to be too much in it.
Days passed by and my trips to the cyber cafe increased, may be my interest in "SOCIAL NETWORKING" had increased. As usual my friends list kept on increasing and I found a new friend each time I logged into the system.In came a casual "HI" from "Prasad79_2k"and there it all began !!! Somewhere in jan 2004 the seeds were sown unknowingly for a tree of Love to flourish.
I continued chatting (& flirting) with all the caution not to disclose my identity, my background n all but at the same time I was so convinced myself to believe in the words that came in from the other side. For the person against me, I was a microbiology student from the same city which obviously was not true. Prasad's answers to all my questions used to be more or less diplomatic which again made me to believe that he wasn't genuine. Apart from that, whatever discussions we were into, he was never mean, cheap or something I wouldn't be comfortable talking about. We discussed all from recipes of bhindi masala and baingan masala to whether BJP Govt was better than Congress.
Just as he had told me that he was a software professional, I tried checking on his knowledge by asking if I could do any certification course in computers. Smart as he is, he directed me to an APTECH center where the head of the center was his close friend. As I went there, I filled up an inquiry form which was merely a
formality not bothering much about the mobile number I mentioned in there - That was mine. That was the beginning - of late night calls, good morning messages (I truly know that he'd never "TYPED" an SMS before that and neither after till today ) and all sweety sweety talks. But hey.........we haven't met yet and he just knows that I study Microbiology.
Then arose a question "How does he look"?? With all the courage and determination not to let me him see my pic first, I asked him i f I could see his pic. As simple a guy as he was, he promptly e mailed me a "scanned copy of his passport sized photograph". In this fast paced world where U could share your photos the moment they are clicked, I took about 5 months to see just one of his photo. One need not be surprised to know that I was never going to e mail him any of my pics. when I asked him whether he wanted to see my pic, came a smart reply (which may be the one I was waiting for deep inside) that he just wants to meet me !!! "Venue" was a great topic to hassle around as it was not easy to find a place to meet a "boy" without being noticed by someone you know, especially relatives who reside in tons in the same city. Gathering all the courage, we decided to meet at "CCD" on July 31st 2004 at 4:30 PM. And he was late.................by some 10 min. But that's enough for me boast about the entire life. Then we settled down and I somehow could not sustain the fake identity of mine, and I introduced myself afresh: Ajita Dani, B-Tech Cosmetology belonging basically to Chandrapur (around 3 Hr drive from Nagpur). Then I felt relieved, and could talk much better. That was him - Not too thin, not so fat; impressive personality especially eyes; a sturdy and confident voice; And a cute smile (usually this is said about girls but I actually liked his smile).
Once been there, done that - I had no fear of meeting him in public (somewhere I knew this is the man I want to be with). Diwali was approaching, and he wanted to buy some gift for his mom and elder sis. He smartly planned something - took me along to buy a gift and from there to his place to meet his parents. They had a dual surprise and so did I !!! It was a smiley smiley evening and I was happy to find out that both of us shared the same family background and culture.
As the story unfolds........I'm dreaming about all that has passed and suddenly feeling sleepy........Shall definitely carry on the story which is my own on a similar midnight when I want to sleep but can't !!!!

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing! stay blessed u two! you should write again!

    ReplyDelete